Online casinos are getting more popular than ever as more people get online and discover that they can play casino games from their own homes. These sites offer loads of fantastic games, including slots and table games, plus great features and bonuses. Whether you’re new to casinos or you’ve been playing for a long time, you can have a lot of fun at one of these safe and legal online casinos.
Online casinos are still changing a lot as technology improves, providing mobile optimization, better games, and better accessibility than ever before. While there are a lot of differences between online casinos and their land-based counterparts, lots of similarities still remain. Below are some of the main similarities and differences between land-based casinos or playing at an online casino in Canada with real money.
Online casinos obviously share a lot of similarities with land-based casinos as they both offer gambling games and a chance to win real money. Other similarities between them include:
- Game variety – Most land-based casinos offer at least one table of each popular table game, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, and Baccarat. You’ll also find walls and walls of slot machines, each offering a fast and cheap way to potentially win big prizes. At online casinos, you’ll find a similar variety of different games. Most online sites offer thousands of different games, including slots and table games.
- Restrictions – Both online casinos and land-based casinos have to adhere to rules and regulations over how they operate. Players need to prove they’re above the legal minimum age by showing ID, and most sites can only accept players from certain areas if they have the right license.
- Loyalty rewards – A lot of land-based casinos will offer regular players rewards such as cashback, hotel price reductions, or free food and drinks. Especially if you’re a high roller, you can claim lots of generous rewards from a land-based casino. At online sites, there are even more rewards available, with bonuses for new and current players.
Despite their obvious similarities, there are also a lot of differences between the two different types of casinos. The main differences are:
- Convenience – Online casinos are becoming more popular because of how convenient they are. With an online site, you can sign in and load up your favorite games whenever you want. You don’t have to worry about opening times or finding an available table. Provided you have an internet connection, you can play and win real money, whether you’re on your computer or mobile device. The ability to play whenever and wherever you want is a big advantage that online casinos have over their land-based counterparts.
- Speed of play – Online casinos aren’t just more available than land-based casinos; they’re also faster to play. When you visit a land-based casino, you need to walk to your table, take a seat and wait for the dealer to start the game. With other players at the table, games can be fairly slow, and even good dealers can’t speed up the process much. Playing online, provided you’re not playing live games, the experience is the opposite. The only waiting you have to do is for the game to load, and you can start the action with the press of a button.
- Free play – Another big advantage of online casinos is that although you can play for real money, you can play for free too. All online sites let you play any of the games in demo mode if you want to. This is a great way to get to know how a game works and practice different strategies. If you’re going to be betting real cash, it’s always a good idea to test out the game for free before you risk your money.
- Social aspect – An advantage that land-based casinos have over their online counterparts is the social aspect. Going to the casino with your friends or enjoying the social aspect of the Craps table as players around you win big make gambling far more enjoyable. Playing by yourself is still fun, but it’s not quite the same as playing with friends.